Terms of Participation in the Training Seminar
being organised by SECO/WARWICK S.A.
(as of 16 April 2019)
Article 1. General Provisions
1.1. The “Heat Treatment 4.0” training seminar held by SECO/WARWICK S.A., hereinafter referred to as the Seminar, shall take place at the time and place specified by SECO/WARWICK S.A., hereinafter referred to as the Organiser.
1.2. The Seminar Organiser is SECO/WARWICK S.A. registered in Świebodzin, at ul. Sobieskiego 8, 66-200 Świebodzin, NIP [Tax Identification Number]: 9270100756, REGON [National Business Registry Number]: 970011679, entered in the register of entreprises of the National Court Register, kept by the District Court in Zielona Góra, 8th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under number 0000271014, share capital: PLN 2,059,7410.80 (fully paid-up)
1.3. The provisions hereof form an integral part of the Application and shall apply to all Participants and Ordering Parties.
1.4. The Seminar shall be attended by experts in industry and the heat treatment of metals as well as other professionals specialising in the subject matter of the Seminar who have been enrolled by the Ordering Party.
1.5. The Seminar will be composed of research and training sessions accompanied by an exhibition by companies specialising in the industry and the heat treatment of metals.
1.6. The official Seminar website is available at https://www.secowarwick.com/en/seminar-2019/
1.7. The Ordering Party shall not be a consumer within the meaning of Article 22(1) of the Polish Civil Code of 23 April 1964 and the Polish Consumer Rights Act of 30 May 2014.
Article 2. Participation in the Seminar
2.1. In order to attend the Seminar, the following conditions must be met:
2.1.1. An application form accessible on the Seminar website or received from the Organiser via email or by post shall be filled in, signed and sent to the Organiser’s correspondence or email address (email@example.com) within the deadline specified by the Organiser. Applications may be submitted solely by persons authorised to enter into a contract for participation in the training (“Heat Treatment 4.0” by SECO/WARWICK S.A.), including being authorised to incur financial liabilities on behalf of the Ordering Party.
2.1.2. These Terms of Participation in the Training Seminar shall have been read and accepted.
2.1.3. A fee in the amount specified by the Organiser shall be paid within the agreed term. The fee is deemed to have been paid upon it being credited to the Organiser’s bank account.
2.1.4. Enrolment in the Seminar shall be confirmed by the Organiser.
2.2. The participation fee shall be paid to the bank account specified by the Organiser in accordance with the Organiser’s instructions. Fees are also available on the Seminar website, i.e. at https://www.secowarwick.com/en/seminar-2019/
2.3. The Organiser shall issue a VAT invoice in accordance with Article 2.7.
2.4. A participant does not acquire the right to attend the Seminar simply by enrolling in it; their enrolment must be confirmed by the Organiser.
2.5. An Involved Participant is a participant who gives a presentation of their own on a given subject and, as part of their attendance, actively participates in the research and training session, and has been classified as such and informed thereof by the Organiser. An Involved Participant does not need to apply to participate via the form.
2.6. An Ordinary Participant is a person who attends the research and training session passively, i.e. does not give their own presentation on any subject, who has applied to participate in accordance with Article 2.1.1. within the term specified by the Organiser and paid the required participation fee, and whose enrolment has been confirmed by the Organiser.
2.7. In order for an Ordinary Participant to be present at the Seminar, the Organiser must confirm their enrolment, as referred to in Article 2.6. The Organiser is obliged to consider the Ordinary Participant’s application within 7 days of the date of submission. A lack of confirmation within the above term shall mean that the person applying to attend the Seminar has not been selected to attend. Within 14 days of the application deadline, the Organiser shall refund any fees paid by all persons who were not selected to attend the Seminar. Upon confirmation of enrolment, the Organiser shall issue a VAT invoice with a 14-day payment term calculated from the date of issue thereof.
2.8. The exclusive right to confirm or deny enrolment in the Seminar shall be vested in the Organiser who is entitled not to confirm enrolment in the Seminar without giving reasons for their decision.
2.9. At the end of the Seminar, each Participant will receive a certificate of participation.
2.10. The attendance fee shall include accommodation (e.g. a 2-day stay), board as per the Organiser and participation in the research and training session. All other expenses, including travel costs, parking costs, and costs referred to in Article 7.7., shall be borne by the Participant/Ordering Party.
2.11. Subject to the provisions of Article 3 hereof authorising the Organiser to withhold any refunds, the Seminar application deadline shall expire on 3.09.2019 unless all available spots are booked earlier. The Organiser shall post information about availability at https://www.secowarwick.com/pl/informacje/seminarium-2019/.
Article 3. Cancellation of Registration
3.1. It is possible to cancel one’s registration. In order to cancel registration, a statement declaring one’s wish to cancel one’s attendance shall be submitted to the Organiser. The statement of intent to cancel one’s attendance shall be delivered to the Organiser in writing (or by email sent to the Organiser’s e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org).
3.2. In the event of cancellation:
3.2.1. Should the Organiser receive a statement of cancellation by 1.07.2019, the Organiser shall reimburse the total amount paid by the Ordering Party upon prior receipt of their participation fee.
3.2.2. Should the Organiser receive a statement of cancellation by 1.08.2019, the Organiser shall have the right to retain half of the payment received.
3.2.3. Should the Organiser receive a statement of cancellation after 1.08.2019, the Organiser shall have the right to retain the entire payment received.
Article 4. Fees
4.1. Participation fees are available on the Seminar website, i.e. at https://www.secowarwick.com/en/seminar-2019/
4.2. The purchaser (the invoice recipient) shall be the entity ordering individual services related to participation in the Seminar (the Ordering Party).
4.3. Should any payment due for participation in the Seminar not be issued within the term specified by the Organiser on the Seminar website, the Organiser shall be entitled to cancel the registration without incurring any liability for damages.
Article 5. Complaints
5.1. Any complaints against the Organiser should be made in writing and sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt to the Organiser’s registered address.
5.2. Complaints shall be made in writing within 3 days of the end of the Seminar.
5.3. After the above deadline, no complaints shall be considered.
Article 6. Supervision of the Seminar
6.1. The “Heat Treatment 4.0” seminar shall be supervised by the Management Board of SECO/WARWICK S.A.
6.2. As part of the supervision referred to in Article 6.1, the Management Board shall in particular:
6.2.1. Ensure due diligence regarding the organisation of the Seminar.
6.2.2. Ensure due diligence regarding the organisation of research and training sessions as well as company presentations during the Seminar.
6.3. Safety, hotel services and their quality, as well as meals and refreshments during the Seminar are ensured by the hotel where the Seminar takes place. The Organiser shall not be held liable in this respect.
Article 7. Final provisions
7.1. If the Seminar does not take place for reasons attributable exclusively to the Organiser, the Organiser shall immediately reimburse the fees paid by the Ordering Party to the specified bank accounts.
7.2. In the event that the Seminar does not take place for reasons beyond the Organiser’s control, so-called “force majeure” (e.g. flood, hurricane, blizzard, etc.), the Ordering Party shall not be entitled to any compensation or refund for any fees related to their participation in the Seminar, or any costs related to additional services commissioned from the Organiser by the Ordering Party.
7.3. Any disputes that may arise from participation in the Seminar shall be settled by a court competent for the Organiser’s registered office.
7.4. For matters not covered herein, the provisions of the Polish Civil Code shall apply.
7.5. A special obligation to provide information in accordance with Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 94/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJ No L 119, 04.05.2016, has been provided for in the application form.
7.6. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or damage to personal belongings or theft thereof during the Seminar.
7.7. The Ordering Party shall be fully, personally and financially, liable for any damage (whether caused by them or by any person who has been enrolled in the Seminar by the Ordering Party) to property on the premises where any events related to the Seminar are held, as well as any damage to accommodation facilities. The Ordering Party and the Participant are obliged to compensate directly the owner of the property which was damaged for the loss, or to reimburse the Organiser for the compensation if the Organiser has already covered the loss to the benefit of the Damaged Party.
Each Participant/Ordering Party is also obliged to settle accounts directly with the venue where the Seminar was held for any services and goods used therein which were not expressly specified by the Organiser in the training costs specification (i.e.: the cost of additional meals and drinks, use of a mini bar in the hotel room, parking fees, any charge for a lost parking card, any charge for unauthorised parking, use of laundry and ironing services, use of spa and wellness treatments). Should the Organiser pay for any services and goods used by the Participant/Ordering Party (which were not specified by the Organiser in the training costs specification), the Ordering Party shall be obliged to repay an amount equivalent to the costs incurred by the Organiser within 7 days of receiving the Organiser’s request.
7.8. The Ordering Party undertakes to inform the enrolled Participants of the obligation to bear costs which have not been specified by the Organiser in the training costs specification (which are not covered by the participation fee pursuant to Article 2.10 hereof).
7.8. It is prohibited to record any lectures during the Seminar with any and all audiovisual devices, such as voice recorders, mp3 players, phones or cameras, without prior written consent from the lecturer and the Organiser.
7.9. Training materials received by the Participants during the Seminar are provided for the sole purpose of training and are not intended for distribution, especially for commercialisation/sale, to any third parties.
7.10. These Terms shall come into force as of the date of publication at https://www.secowarwick.com/en/seminar-2019/
7.11. The Organiser is entitled to amend the provisions hereof. The amendments shall come into force within 7 days of their publication at https://www.secowarwick.com/en/seminar-2019/
APPLICATION FORM — registration:
* The Applicant declares they have read the Terms of Participation in the Training Seminar (which have been published at https://www.secowarwick.com/en/seminar-2019/) and
accepts them and undertakes to abide by their provisions.
The Applicant consents to the processing of their personal data for marketing purposes by way of sending them information on seminars organised by SECO/WARWICK S. A, (registered in Świebodzin, ul. Sobieskiego 8 (postcode: 66-200), entered into the register of entreprises of the National Court Register kept by the District Court in Zielona Góra, Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS No 0000271014, NIP [Tax Identification Number]: 927-010-07-56, REGON [National Business Registry Number]: 970011679, share capital: PLN 2,059,710.80, fully paid-up) to the email address specified in the application form.
* required fields
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to Article 13(1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”), SECO/WARWICK S.A. hereby declares that:
- The Controller of your data is SECO/WARWICK S.A. based in Świebodzin, ul. Sobieskiego 8 (postcode: 66-200), entered into the register of entreprises of the National Court Register kept by the District Court in Zielona Góra, Commercial Division of the National Court Register under KRS No 0000271014, NIP [Tax Identification Number]: 927-010-07-56, REGON [National Business Registry Number]: 970011679, share capital: PLN 2,059,710.80, fully paid-up), phone number: +48 68 38 20 500, email address: email@example.com.
- In matters related to the processing of your personal data, you may contact a person appointed by the Controller as the Data Protection Supervisor / Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Your personal data is collected and processed for the purpose of:
- a) fulfilling our obligations resulting from our contractual relationship, including for day-to-day communication pursuant to Article 6.1(b) of the GDPR,
- b) keeping accounts and settling all due payments resulting from agreements concluded with the Controller (for tax and accounting purposes), which entails fulfilling the legal obligation imposed on the Controller, i.e. pursuant to Article 6.1(c) of the GDPR and in conjunction with Article 74.2 of the Polish Accounting Act of 29 September 1994,
- c) the Controller establishing, or pursuing, any claims or defending against such claims, which may require the processing of personal data for the legitimate interests of the Controller, i.e. pursuant to Article 6.1(b) and (f) of the GDPR,
- d) in the remaining scope in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, i.e. on the basis of and within the scope of the consent granted.
- Your personal data will be processed for the period necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. Your personal data will be processed for the following time periods:
- a) personal data obtained within the scope of concluding the contract shall be processed during the term of the contract and after its termination until expiration of the claim period,
- b) personal data processed upon consent shall be processed until the consent of the data subject is withdrawn,
- c) personal data processed for tax and accounting purposes shall be processed to the extent and for the period required by law to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- The provision of data is voluntary but necessary for the performance of activities prior to entering into a contract, for the conclusion and subsequent performance of such contract, and for the performance of all obligations resulting from cooperation.
- Your personal data may be disclosed upon our request to processors, i.e. entities such as:
- the law firm providing services to the company,
- IT solutions providers.
7) You have the right to access, rectify, withdraw or limit the processing of your personal data as well as the right to object to the processing and the right to transfer your data. Regarding personal data collected by the Controller upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw your prior consent to the processing of personal data. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing performed based on your consent before its withdrawal.
8) Should you consider that your personal data has been processed in breach of the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office.
9) Your personal data is not subject to any automated decision-making, including profiling.